Please fill in the form below to apply for Hastings Runners Membership. By applying for membership you are confirming that you have read and agree to comply with the club codes of conduct and safeguarding policies Club Policies and Codes of Conduct – Hastings Runners.
Club members have various options available at present.
- Basic club membership costs £20.00 per annum (just £10.00 for over 70s)
- Under 18s membership is just £10.00 per annum, and includes free entry to the Monday evening track sessions
- England Athletics’ registration is an additional £15.00 per annum. As a club runner, you can only represent your club in an open race if you have registered with EA and been allocated a unique reference number (URN) … otherwise you will show up in race results as an “unattached” runner
- So what are the advantages of EA membership? … you pay reduced entry for EA affiliated races; receive discounts from local sports retailers; see https://www.englandathletics.org/athletics-and-running/athlete-registration/benefits-of-registration/ for further details
- As a club we are currently allocated several guaranteed Virgin London Marathon places per year, based on our level of membership. The more EA members we have within the club, the more places we would receive. The marathon draw which is held towards the end of each year is only open to EA members
- if you are interested in racing, then the club will be staging a shortened club championship calendar in 2021 of 20 races. This includes 5 “club only” races which are free to club members, featuring the popular Rye to Hastings race which runs through Rye Harbour Nature Reserve and Hastings Country Park
- In addition, club members participate regularly at Hastings parkrun (the majority of run directors are in fact Hastings Runners) as well as organised trips to other parkruns during the spring/summer. The club has enjoyed considerable success in the East Sussex Sunday Cross Country League (this is held over the autumn/winter period); as well as in the Herstmonceux Castle Relays (held in August). The club has a significant number of high calibre Masters runners, and has won medals at the prestigious British Masters National Road Running and Cross Country relays in recent years
- All club members (including those who choose not to be EA registered) will be recorded on the England Athletics portal. By joining the club you are assenting to your personal data being held on that system. For more information about how your data will be protected, and for any other queries that you may have please email our club/membership secretary Andy Lee (email@example.com).