Please fill in the form below to apply for Hastings Runners Membership.
Club members have various options available at present, and the good news is that if you are currently renewing your membership or are joining as a new member then your membership will be automatically extended until 31st March 2022 (at no extra cost) in light of the current club training restrictions owing to the Covid – 19 situation. So that’s two year’s membership for the price of one!
- Basic club membership costs £20.00 per annum (just £10.00 for over 70s)
- England Athletics’ registration is an additional £15.00 per annum. As a club runner, you can only represent your club in an open race if you have registered with EA and been allocated a unique reference number (URN) … otherwise you will show up in race results as an “unattached” runner
- So what are the advantages of EA membership? … you pay reduced entry for EA affiliated races; receive discounts from local sports retailers; see https://www.englandathletics.org/athletics-and-running/athlete-registration/benefits-of-registration/ for further details
- As a club we are currently allocated several guaranteed Virgin London Marathon places per year, based on our level of membership. The more EA members we have within the club, the more places we would receive. The marathon draw which is held towards the end of each year is only open to EA members
- if you are interested in racing, then the club will be staging a shortened club championship calendar in 2021 of 20 races. This includes 5 “club only” races which are free to club members, featuring the popular Rye to Hastings race which runs through Rye Harbour Nature Reserve and Hastings Country Park
- In addition, club members participate regularly at Hastings parkrun (the majority of run directors are in fact Hastings Runners) as well as organised trips to other parkruns during the spring/summer. The club has enjoyed considerable success in the East Sussex Sunday Cross Country League (this is held over the autumn/winter period); as well as in the Herstmonceux Castle Relays (held in August). The club has a significant number of high calibre Masters runners, and has won medals at the prestigious British Masters National Road Running and Cross Country relays in recent years
- All club members (including those who choose not to be EA registered) will be recorded on the England Athletics portal. By joining the club you are assenting to your personal data being held on that system. For more information about how your data will be protected, and for any other queries that you may have please email our club/membership secretary Andy Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org).